Sunday, October 4, 2009

September 21, 2009 Email



Hello Family!
So sorry about last week. We email at the local college and a biology class was scheduled to use the computers so i only got 5 min. I will try to make up for it now.
As far as i know the open house wont be till May. They want to do it after the Olympics now.
Things are still going amazing. We have lots of people progressing towards baptism. We still get lots of referrals. We even found a family to teach....i should tell you about our first meeting with Jana and Paul. Well we met them while looking for a less active Lady's home and scheduled an appointment with them a week later. So we brought Sis. Tompson, a wonderful women in the ward and we taught the restoration. My companion was reciting the first vision when suddenly we heard angels singing as she Said "This is my beloved son, here him." Everyone had their jaws dropped for 2 seconds until we realized it was their son who had turned on a movie in the back room. It was so cool! Well we had a good laugh and then brought the spirit back in.
Right now I am most excited about Leslieanne, she is a student from St. Lucia in the Carri bean who is living with a family in the ward while going to school. She is 19 and a spiritual giant. She is catholic but felt the spirit at church and is loving this new found truth! She keeps asking "why don't the other churches believe in the Book of Mormon...its obviously true...." :) After a spiritually strong gospel principles lesson she told me....."I felt this strong feeling of love growing inside of me....what is that?" Wow! I explained she had felt the Holy Ghost testifying to her of truth. So she is doing great but is in the process of realizing the church she has grown up in isn't true.
We are also doing alot of reactivation. Found out the bishops goal is to get the ward split as soon as possible. President is wondering if he should send another set of missionaries into the ward to help us out. We are very busy and our area is too big. We spend alot of time traveling. Heavenly Father keeps setting things up for us. He is working miracles here. And i just love these people so much! I'm so grateful to be able to spend my last bit here in Chilliwack with an amazing companion. By the way we have been getting so much fresh produce from the ward members gardens. I don't think I've ever eaten healthier in my whole life. We also have been involved with the Young men, young women, and primary lessons. The ward really knows how to use their missionaries in this ward. And we are tight with the bishops wife. She invited us over for apple crisp the other night and gave us two more referrals. Wow!
And this place is beautiful, and I'm use to the country smell...and dad i think you would like it. Thanks for the emails. Dawson i cant wait to find out about your call. Andrew good job with cross country! Mom I'm glad that you are getting to see fruits from your labors as a teacher. And thanks to Danielle and Steve for the cute pictures of Alexa. I love you all so much! I cant wait to spend time with you. I hope you are preparing for story time with Sister Flake when i get back. There's so much i want to tell you and i have so many questions for you.
Love love love ya! love, sister flake

No comments: